SECURING YOUR DATA
The security of your funds is our top priority.
We recognize that the security of your funds lies at the heart of your ongoing trust in us and that is exactly as it should be.
First, all of Venstar’s payment processing partners employ “client segregated accounts”. This means that these accounts are legally designated for the holding and moving of client funds only and are prohibited for any other use by Venstar or its payment processing partners.
Second, Venstar conforms to the strict data security regulations in the US, UK and the European Union.
Third, your personal information is protected through multiple layers of security, both physically and electronically:
- Physical layer - Servers used by Venstar Exchange and its partners are housed in state-of-the-art data-center facilities. These data center facilities include physical and virtual security, controlled access, closed circuit video surveillance and 24/7 facility monitoring. The sites deploy constant access control by means of security staff, palm-print verification, and picture IDs.
- Network layer Firewall - Venstar Exchange network is protected by multiple layers of hardware and software firewalls from industry-leading vendors.
- Network layer Intrusion Detection - Multiple layers of intrusion detection systems both software and people running 24×7. Our technology automatically detects and shuts down access if any hacker-like activity occurs on our system. This allows for instantaneous security protection from internet threats.
- Intelligent Threat management - Astaro-based devices employ state-of-the-art unified threat management technology that ensures that our security staff is notified immediately if any abnormal activity occurs.
- Browser Security - We automatically encrypt all sensitive information sent between your computer and our servers. Information is protected by SSL with 128 bit encryption. This is the highest level of security commercially available and has been in use for years as the backbone of electronic commerce.
- Data Encryption Internal - All sensitive field data is encrypted and stored in our databases encrypted internal to the tables with multiple rotating keys.
- Database Security - Our databases can only be accessed through trusted authentication and are kept inside layers of protection. All databases are protected from employee access both physically and logically. All databases are encrypted physically, and all drives and tapes are encrypted with different keys.
- Data Security - All data maintained with Venstar Exchange belong solely to you. Employees do not have direct access to production equipment, except where necessary for system management, maintenance, monitoring, and backups. Only qualified employees are allowed to access database servers, and only when their access is absolutely necessary. No employee can put any content on any unsecured machine.